Why should you use password generator?
Passwords are a real security threat. More than half of hacking-related breaches are due to weak passwords.
Password strength is a measure of the effectiveness of a password against guessing or brute-force attacks. In its usual form, it estimates how many trials an attacker who does not have direct access to the password would need, on average, to guess it. The strength of a password is a function of length, complexity, and unpredictability.
Using strong passwords lowers overall risk of a security issues, but strong passwords do not replace the need for other effective security controls. The effectiveness of a password is strongly determined by the implementation of the factors (knowledge, ownership).
Tips for generating strong password:
- Use Password Generator for generating strong passwords.
- Always use a unique password for each account.
- Don’t use any personal information in your passwords.
- Make sure your passwords are at least 16 characters long and contain letters, numbers, and special chars.
- If you have to remember your password, try using you favorite song or movie. Just add random characters, and use patterns to replace them.
- Avoid using similar passwords.
- Change your passwords from time to time.
- Never share your passwords. Especially not via email or text message.